Concrete Repair: Foam Jacking is better than Mudjacking
Concrete Raising Systems is a local Kansas City owned company in business to provide residential and commercial customers with a better alternative to concrete repair and traditional mudjacking. Concrete Raising Systems uses a state-of-the-art Polyurethane foam injection material as opposed to the traditional mudjacking with dirt, water and cement mixture to raise concrete slabs: driveway, sidewalk, patio, and porch or pool deck.
Jason and Ken own Concrete Raising Systems and they are the experts doing the work. Pictured below is Jason, working on a driveway repair!
Small jobs are not a problem for us! We have one of the lowest minimums in Kansas City!
Why does concrete sink?
Concrete will sink as the soil underneath a piece of concrete, either compacts (the water in the ground has evaporated to the point that it has shrunken) or a void or pocket has been created due to erosion from running water (from a downspout or a natural sloping of the ground toward your cement) or rainwater, causing a concrete sidewalk, driveway, patio, or porch to sink, settle or become uneven.
The weather in our Kansas City region has been dry since 2008. When a region experiences less rain or moisture, the water in the soil evaporates which dries the soil causing the cement to sink into the ground, many times in an uneven way.
Winter snow and ice can be especially problematic for our area and sinking concrete. Make sure when the ground thaws that you check your driveway and sidewalks for gaps between the concrete slabs. If you think you may have an issue with sinking concrete, call us. The sooner you call us the more cost effective our visit can be!
Contact the Polyurethane foam mud jacking experts at Concrete Raising Systems today! All we do is concrete repair in Kansas City!
What is Mudjacking?
Traditional mud jacking also referred to as ‘slab jacking’, is a process of raising a section of concrete by drilling many holes approximately 2” wide (and up to 4” wide in some cases) in the concrete and pumping a mixture of clean fill dirt, water and cement through the holes effectively pushing the concrete up from below. Traditional materials can weigh 100-120 lbs. per cubic foot. Once the cement is lifted, the holes are patched.
I am really pleased with the work Concrete Raising Systems has done. I have a three car garage and my driveway had sunken 4-5” and it is now as level as it could be. Having them fix my driveway was a lot cheaper than tearing it out and replacing it. I’ve known Ken for over 25 years . He is honest and he always does what he says he is going to do. I definitely would recommend them. -John Kearns, Kearney, MO Homeowner
Concrete Repair with Polyurethane Foam Jacking
Polyurethane Foam jacking is a two part process where polyurethane foam is injected through holes in the concrete approximately 5/8” in diameter. The concrete is effectively raised with the expansion of the foam. The foam material will expand in weak soil first to consolidate and cause the dirt to become denser and fill all voids below the concrete. It expands in all directions, sometimes as much as 7 feet, so fewer holes are needed to raise the concrete. The foam is set in 30 minutes. Our fiam mjacking method will not retain moisture so it is not subject to erosion once it is set. Polyurethane foam jacking does not settle due to its lightweight nature. Foam weighs 3-8 pounds per cubic foot. The small holes are patched.
Why choose us over Mudjacking?
- We guarantee our work for 2 years. If your sunken concrete is over 10 years old and we raise your sidewalk or driveway and within 2 years it drops more than3/8” – we will raise it again for free!
- Thirty percent of our jobs in Kansas City are repairing the concrete where traditional mud jacking failed. Which means, you paid twice to have the job done right!
- We are good for the environment. Our polyurethane foam jacking product is made from recycled materials that were made in the U.S.!
- Have you been told you need to replace your concrete? We can be 50-70% less than the cost of replacing your concrete! Why replace your good concrete when you can raise your concrete with an eco-friendly product from a local Kansas City company? No reason we can think of!
That’s all we do. We lift concrete in Kansas City. We specialize in concrete repair for your driveway, sidewalk, patio, pool deck or garage floor.
Benefits of Foam Jacking Concrete Repair
- Weighs Less: Polyurethane foam weighs less per cubic foot than mud jacking. Won’t settle more!
- Less Cost. 50%-70% less than concrete replacement costs
- Less Invasive. We don’t tear up your lawn and you won’t need to reseed. No heavy equipment needed
- Less Mess. There is no water/mud mess to clean up
- Less Time: We get the job done in hours and not days or weeks! Not as noisy and takes less people to accomplish (less labor costs).
- Waterproof: resists erosion! No more settling!
- We can work in smaller spaces. We can work on sidewalks between buildings and driveways that are next to one another in a condo, duplex o apartment complex
- Eco-Friendly: Our product is high-tech and U.S. made from recycled materials!
When should you call us?
You can call us anytime! We can use our high-tech polyurethane foam jacking method to repair your concrete until the ground freezes and as soon as it thaws! On average, we can give you an estimate within 4-7 business days. We won’t stand you up and we won’t take a deposit. (You won’t believe the stories we’ve heard about unfinished work and lost money. Unbelievable!) We have an impeccable reputation and we plan on keeping it that way.
Call (816) 419-8306 or contact us and request a bid from the Kansas City polyurethane foam mud jacking repair professionals at Concrete Raising Systems today!
Concrete Repair. That’s all we do. We lift uneven or sunken concrete slabs for driveways, sidewalks, steps, patios, porches or garages with foam jacking!
OUR TOP CONCRETE LIFTING SERVICES
Driveway RepairA sinking or uneven driveway by your garage door leads to cracks in the concrete which leads to foundation leaks and a wet basement over time.Read More Driveway Repair
Sidewalk RepairDid you know you are responsible for the safety and upkeep of the sidewalk in front of your home?Read More Sidewalk Repair
Concrete Patio RepairA concrete patio that is sinking toward the house poses a threat to your foundation as water from rain or melting snow…Read More Concrete Patio Repair
Void FillingThe space between a slab of concrete and the ground is called a ‘void’. A void typically occurs next to a sidewalk or walkway leading up to a home. Read More Void Filling
City Sidewalk RepairThe Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) requires that all public sidewalks with more than ¼’ difference in elevation are not in compliance with safety standards and may be subject to fines and penalties. Read More City Sidewalk Repair
Contact us today!
- (816) 419- 8306